Informational Questions for Senior Seminar Summer 2003 RESULTS
1. Are you in favor of gun control? _11__ Yes _13__ No
2. Are you in favor of abortion? _8__ Yes _5__ No
3. Do you attend church regularly? _7__ Yes _6_ No
4. Do you plan to have children? _12__ Yes _1__ No
5. Do you plan to attend graduate school? _12__ Yes ___ No _1__ Maybe
6. Do you think we should attack Iraq? _7__ Yes _6__ No
7. If our nation went to war, would you voluntarily serve? _2__ Yes _11__ No
8. Do you drink and drive? _4__ Yes _9__ No
9. Do you own a cell phone? _13__ Yes _0__ No
10. Have you ever been out of the country? _8__ Yes _5__ No
11. Are you from Tennessee? _8__ Yes _5__ No
12. Do you believe the United States should invest more in space travel?
_8__ Yes _4__ No _1__ No answer
13. Are you in favor of lowering the standards for admission of experimental drugs onto the market? _3__ Yes _10__ No
14. Has a member of your family committed suicide? _1__ Yes _12__ No
15. Did you come from a divorced family? _3__ Yes _10__ No
16. In your opinion, should gangs be eliminated? _13__ Yes _0__ No
17. Are you prejudiced with regard to race? _1__ Yes _12__ No
18. Did you vote in the last election? _8__ Yes _5__ No
19. Do you believe premarital sex is ok? _7__ Yes _6__ No
20. Would you sit next to a person who you know has AIDS? _12__ Yes _1__ No
21. Are you in favor of open immigration policies? _5__ Yes _8__ No
22. Do you own a weapon of any kind? __6_ Yes _7__ No
23. Do you donate blood? _7__ Yes _6__ No
24. Should the age for drinking be lowered? _2__ Yes _11__ No
25. Do you smoke? _3__ Yes _10__ No
Situations (please circle the more correct answer, in your opinion)
1. You are walking down the street, and you see litter on the ground. You would
a. __7___ Pick up the litter and put it in the nearest receptacle.
b. __6___ Walk past it and assume someone else will pick it up.
c. __0___ Throw down more trash with it.
2. You are at the grocery store, and you have finished loading bags into your car. You are now stuck with the cart. You would
a. __10__Take it back to the store or the nearest cart holder in the parking lot.
b. __2___ Leave it next to your car.
c. __1___ Park it with other carts that have been left sitting randomly in the lot.
3. You became pregnant (if female) or your girlfriend became pregnant (if male) prior to marriage. You would
a. __4___ Look for abortion options.
b. __10___ Tell your parents and hope for their support.
c. _____ Leave town.
4. You pay for an item in a store and the clerk gives you back $5 in change instead of $1. You would
a. __2___ Assume it is your lucky day and keep the money.
b. __11__ Tell the clerk of the error.
5. You think that you have AIDS. Would you
a. __12__ Schedule an appointment to be tested.
b. ___0__ Tell your parents or a friend.
c. ___1__ Give blood so you can be tested.
d. ___0__ Do nothing and hope it goes away.
6. You are taking a test and you are looking around the room just to think through an answer. You have no idea what the answer is. Accidentally you see the answer to the question on the paper of the person next to you. You would
a. __6___ Leave the question blank.
b. __7___ Put down the answer you saw.
7. You see someone coming toward you who looks dirty and homeless. You know he is going to ask for money. Do you
a. __0___ Lower your head without speaking and get by as quickly as possible.
b. __6___ Speak but offer no money when asked.
c. __7___ Give your change to the person.
8. You are awakened by your next door neighbor, suite mate, etc., by extremely loud music. Do you
a. __11___ Ask the person (either in person or by phone) to please turn down the music.
b. __1___ Call security.
c. __1___ Play music even louder.
9. You join a social group and learn that the first big event is to steal an item from a store. You would
a. __8___ Get out of the group and hope that are no consequences.
b. __3___ Report the group to some authority.
c. __2___ Steal the item so you can remain in the group.
10. You learn that you have terminal cancer. You would
a. __10___ Try all means of experimental medical treatment in the hope of being the one who finds the treatment.
b. ___3__ Request that life support be discontinued when you near the end.